Tag ‘The Second European Vocational Skills Week’
The Second European Vocational Skills Week will take place on 20 to 24 November 2017! This year the week will have events in Brussels, Member States and EFTA and EU candidate countries. Have a look at the current programme to find out about the events and keep checking the website for more events to come.
The theme from last year’s week, Excellence in Vocational Education and Training (VET) to promote VET as a first career choice, will continue this year and be supported by three other areas of focus. These are:
- Mobility in VET
- Mobile learners are able to gain skills that will increase both their employability and life prospects.
- Sector skills cooperation
- The Week will be looking at how to foster and promote sector-specific solutions through cooperation and collaboration.
- Business-VET partnerships
- The Week will be highlighting the particularly important role of employers in these necessary partnerships.
The week will also include the second edition of the very popular vocational education and training (VET) excellence awards, which will be presented during a ceremony by Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility. To find out more about the different categories have a look here.
Make sure to keep up with the Week and all the activities across social media and follow the #EUVocationalSkills hashtag for all the latest!