Tag ‘Web Browsing’
Digital innovation, one of the themes of the SME Assembly 2017, is by far the biggest influencer, changing the way we do just about everything, from shopping to communication to running a business. Recently Gartner, Inc., revealed its top predictions for IT organisations and users for 2017 and beyond, focusing on three fundamental effects of continued digital innovation: experience and engagement, business innovation, and the secondary effects that result from increased digital capabilities.
- Augmented Reality
- By 2020, 100 million consumers will shop in augmented reality.
- Web Browsing
- By 2020, 30 percent of web browsing sessions will be done without a screen.
- Mobile App Abandonment
- By 2019, 20 percent of brands will abandon their mobile apps.
- Knowledge Algorithms
- By 2020, algorithms will positively alter the behavior of more than 1 billion global workers.
- Blockchain Technology
- By 2022, a blockchain-based business will be worth $10 billion.
- Digital Giants
- By 2021, 20 percent of all activities an individual engages in will involve at least one of the top-seven digital giants.
- Digital Innovation Costs
- Through 2019, every $1 enterprises invest in innovation will require an additional $7 in core execution.
- Internet of Things Data Demands
- Through 2020, Internet of Things will increase data center storage demand by less than 3 percent.
- Internet of Things Savings
- By 2022, Internet of Things will save consumers and businesses $1 trillion a year in maintenance, services and consumables.
- Health Care Costs
- By 2020, 40 percent of employees can cut their health care costs by wearing a fitness tracker.
Interested in Digital Innovation? Curious about what lies in store for 2017 and beyond? Find out more about the predictions and where digital innovation is set to take us in 2017…