The Final Event of #Blockchain4EU will take place on May 24 2018 at the European Commission headquarters, Berlaymont Building (Schuman Room) in Brussels. This event will gather policy makers, Blockchain stakeholders and others interested in the development or uptake of Blockchain and other Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs) for non-financial / industry sectors.
Livestream of the event will be available through the Joint Research Centre’s EU Science Hub webpage.
Registration is mandatory to enter the Berlaymont building. Furthermore, there is a limited number of 80 places available for the event. Follow this link for registration.
08.00 – 09.00: Registration
09.00 – 10.30: Stakeholder Dialogues #1: Digitisation and the Uptake of New Technologies + Q&A
- Alistair Nolan (OECD)
- Christ’l Joris (ETAP / Agoria)
- Laurent Zibell (industriAll)
10.30 – 10.45: Coffee / Tea Break
10.45 – 12.15: Stakeholder Dialogues #2: Blockchain Challenges and Opportunities in the Near Future + Q&A
- Catherine Mulligan (Imperial College London)
- Burkhard Blechschmidt (Cognizant)
- Alexandra Moraru (Everledger)
12.30 – 14.00: Lunch + Prototypes Exhibition + Registration
14.00 – 14.30: Welcome + Opening Remarks
- Lowri Evans (Director-General, DG GROW / Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs)
- Vladimir Šucha (Director-General, DG JRC / Joint Research Centre)
14.30 – 15.00: Launch of Final Report + Presentation of Main Outputs
- Xavier Troussard (Acting Director, Directorate I ‘Competences’, and Head of Unit, Foresight, Behavioural Insights & Design for Policy Unit / EU Policy Lab, DG JRC)
15.00 – 16.15: Prototyping for Policy
- Susana Nascimento + Alexandre Pólvora (Project Coordinators, Foresight, Behavioural Insights & Design for Policy Unit / EU Policy Lab, DG JRC)
- Presentation of #Blockchain4EU prototypes by stakeholder representatives: Energy (Gigbliss), Transports and Logistics (Bloodchain), Health (Care AI), Creative Industries (Gossip Chain) and Advanced Manufacturing (Vantage Point).
16.15 – 16.30: Coffee / Tea Break
16.30 – 18.00: Final Roundtable – Blockchain for Industrial Transformations: What’s Next? + Q&A
- Marta Piekarska (Hyperledger / Linux Foundation)
- Fabian Gompf (Parity)
- Anne Marie Engtoft Larsen (World Economic Forum)
- with moderation by Jemima Kelly (Financial Times)
18.00 – 19.00: Networking Cocktail + Prototypes Exhibition
#Blockchain4EU: Blockchain for Industrial Transformations is a forward looking exploration of existing, emerging and potential applications based on Blockchain and other DLTs for non-financial / industry sectors. It is a European Commission research project coordinated by the Joint Research Centre (DG JRC) in collaboration with the Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs (DG GROW).
To know more about the #Blockchain4EU project please visit the project’s page in this blog.