Dear blog readers, before the winter break we launched a “policy design ideation challenge” to award the most commented design projects featuring governments in 2030 and after. The prototypes were created by students from six design schools in Europe.
We want to emphasize that the value of this exercise lies in the ideas proposed and the discussion generated, not in the rankings.
This being said, we are happy to announce the students/prototypes who received the most comments and appreciations from our readers:
- Rebirth and Consumption Show – Akanksha Gupta, Jennifer Wieskopf, Rotem Fisch, Lisa Cagnin, Elisa Pirola – Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Maverick – Davide Minighin, Davide Susca, Gianvito Fanelli, Alessandra Bari, Elena Panciroli, Sara Gabbioni – Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Mayor Bot – Erika Cortese, Giulia Mangolini, Chiara Piva, Simone Piuri, Giovanni Roccabianca – Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Immersive Serious Gamification – Michele Cipollone, Rui Lu, Runqiong Wang, Sujin Park – University of the Arts London, London, UK
- Art+Democracy – William Doherty – Malmö University, Malmö, Sweden
- Citizen as policy influencer – Clara Llamas, Jessica Venø, Tracy Gordon, Tianyuan Wei – University of the Arts London, London, UK
If you haven’t checked them yet, take a look into the future now!
Congratulations to the winners to open up the debate about the future of our governments! We will meet them soon in Brussels to learn more about their ideas, and how they can be used by local and national governments.