This year 185 National EEPA entries were submitted for consideration from 27 participating countries. The EEPA National Coordinators then selected 49 of these projects  for the EEPA 2020 Jury to evaluate and compose the European shortlist.
The EEPA 2020 Jury  met on Wednesday 9th September to discuss and make their final selections for this year’s European shortlist. With so many outstanding projects to choose from that demonstrated innovation, creativity and passion for supporting entrepreneurship, it was a difficult decision.
Congratulations to all of the selected finalists!
Category 1 – Promoting the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- France: Atlantic Futures 
- Greece: ‘Demokritos’: Innovation Ecosystem for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 
- Denmark: Open Entrepreneurship 
Category 2 – Investing in Entrepreneurial Skills
- Ireland: Engenuity Engineering Cluster Midlands 
- Belgium: Het internet. Ook uw zaak., Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship 
- Estonia: Mobile Workshops 
- France: Le PORTAIL DU REBOND 
Category 3 – Improving the Business Environment
- Spain: Basque Industry 4.0 Accelerator Program 
- Finland: Business Espoo – Helping companies thrive 
- Germany: Start-up BW Local –Landeswettbewerb für gründungsfreundliche Kommunen 
Category 4 – Supporting the Internationalisation of Business
- Belgium: Digital Wallonia International 
- Portugal: Portugal Bike Value 
- Ukraine: Nationwide educational program “Export R|Evolution Ukraine” 
Category 5 – Supporting the development of green markets and resource efficiency
- Germany: Greentech.Ruhr 
- Malta: MBB Energy Ecosystem 
- Portugal: HOSPES by AHP – Digital Plataform 
Category 6 – Responsible and Inclusive Entrepreneurship
- Italy: Emergency Management Program 
- Austria: Taugl – zammbringa zammkemma 
- Netherlands: Social Enterprise NL 
About the EEPA selection process
The competition has two stages. Applicants must first compete at national level to be eligible to compete at European level. For the national competition, each country selects up to two entries to be nominated for the European competition.
A shortlist of nominees is chosen by the EEPA 2020 European jury. The shortlisted nominees will then compete at the final awards ceremony, which recognises the winners for their efforts and gives them the opportunity to present themselves in a pan-European environment.
Make sure to come back to the News Portal every week to learn more about each of the shortlisted projects that will be competing in the EEPA 2020 finals.
Want to watch the EEPA 2020 finals? Register  for the SME Assembly 2020 and secure your place.