We have already had a look at the shortlisted projects in Category 1  and Category 2  of this year’s European Enterprise Promotion Awards (EEPA). Today we introduce you to the EEPA national winners in Category 3 – Improving the Business Environment and Supporting the Digital Transition . From the total 176 projects that entered the national competitions, 48 have been selected to advance to European stage of the competition, including 10 projects in Category 3.
Category 3 looks to reward innovative projects and solutions that help create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive. It also aims to recognize initiatives that support the digitalisation of the European economy. Previous initiatives in this category included projects that support enterprise start-up and growth, or that simplify legislative and administrative procedures for businesses, for example. Let’s see what this year’s shortlist looks like!
- Austria: Sharpen! Performance , from the Styrian Business Promotion Agency (SFG), aims to activate the regional ecosystem to make Styrian companies fit for international competition in digitisation and internationalisation.
- Denmark: SME:Digital , from the Danish Business Authority, helps SMEs take advantage of business opportunities in digitalisation, automation and e-commerce, offering online guidance, individual advice, investment support, and skills and leadership development.
- Germany: Support for the City Centre , from WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen GmbH (WFB), is implementing a specially developed, strategic concept to attract new users and property owners to shape the transformation process of the inner city.
- Ireland: Enfuse , from Dublin City Council, inspires and fuses local enterprises and MSc. students who directly collaborate, innovate, learn from each other, generating mutual benefits.
- Lithuania: Sutelktinės paskolos “Avietė” , from UAB Investicijų ir verslo garantijos, Investicijų ir verslo garantijos, Ltd (INVEGA), is enabling SMEs to borrow faster for riskier business projects through crowdfunding platforms.
- Montenegro: Cooperation for Development of Cross Border Business Environment Enhanced , from Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre Tehnopolis, aims to strengthen the infrastructure and capacity of organisations, to improve services and to support the development of the business environment in the cross-border area.
- Netherlands: LifeSciences@Work Venture Challenge , from Health-Holland; Topsector LSH, helps life sciences researchers to make an impact by translating their research results into a solid business case that can form the basis for a biotech or medtech start-up.
- Portugal: Espaço Empresa, from IAPMEI  – Portuguese Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation brings proximity service in multichannel and network format with personalized and specialized responses to the needs of companies and investors.
- Serbia: StarTech: Innovation aiming for Stars , from the National Alliance for Local Economic Development (NALED), aims to accelerate the growth of Serbian businesses and foster the transformation from a traditional to a digital economy.
- Ukraine: Ukrainian national project Diia.Business , from the state institution “Entrepreneurship and Export Promotion Office” (EEPO) is a large-scale national project for the development of entrepreneurship and exports, implemented together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
All the EEPA national winners will receive invitations to the Awards Ceremony at the annual SME Assembly in November, where the winners in each category will be announced. This year the event will be co-hosted by the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European Commission. At the SME Assembly, the jury will also announce the winner of the Jury’s Grand Prize. The winner can be from any category and the prize goes to the entry considered the most creative and inspiring entrepreneurship initiative in Europe.
If you would like to find out more about the European Enterprise Promotion Awards, visit the European Commission website . For the latest updates, visit the Promoting Enterprise News Portal  – we will let you know soon who the winners in the other five categories are so make sure to check in regularly, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter , Facebook  and Instagram  and subscribe to our newsletter .