We still have a handful of places left for journalists at the 2016 SME Assembly, the most significant event for small and medium-sized enterprises in Europe. Travel and accommodation is paid-for by the European Commission.
The event is hosted by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs, and Slovakia’s Ministry of Economy. It is an excellent opportunity for media to discover the latest developments, report on news and progress, and network at this highlight event of the year for Europe’s SMEs and entrepreneurs.
Now in its fifth year, this year’s Assembly will take place at the Incheba Exhibition Centre in Bratislava, Slovakia from 23-25 November. The Assembly is organised by the European Commission, in co-operation with the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the EU.
Why you should attend
The SME Assembly focuses on how to make SME policy work on the ground. Around 600 representatives from business, government and academia from across Europe will attend.Presentation to the media of the Annual Report on SMEs by the EU Commission.
- Keynote speeches from European Commissioner Elżbieta Bieńkowska and other senior influencers and policy makers.
- The inaugural Schumpeter ‘Innovation in Enterprise’ lecture, a prestigious standalone address to be delivered by renowned economist, Professor Philippe Aghion (the Robert C Waggoner Professor of Economics, Harvard University). Due to limited places, this lecture will be by special invitation only.
- Attend the European Enterprise Promotion Awards (EEPA) ceremony. In this 10th year, there will be a special anniversary celebration alongside the 2016 awards. You will be exclusively briefed in advance on the winners to enable timely reporting. Please view the awards shortlist.
- Excellent opportunity to interview key people of interest to you. Media bids/interview requests will be taken.
- Attend high-level policy sessions bringing together business leaders, policy makers and leading entrepreneurs.
- Take part in a tour of Slovak Start Ups, Scale Ups and SMEs.
- Get in the Ring – for the Global Start up competition we will challenge entrepreneurs to enter a boxing ring in which Starts Ups pitch for scale-up funding.
- The Ten Years On session – what will the world of SMEs, Start- and Scale Ups look like in 2026? Includes the winner of our youth competition which asked, ‘What can the EU do to encourage more young people to become entrepreneurs?
- And more – please see the full programme.
Naturally, travel and accommodation are free as you will be a guest of the Commission and Slovakian Presidency.
An event not to be missed. REGISTER HERE
The registration code is: BRATISLAVA
Please note that places are limited to 50, registrations will close on 15th November and that in principle, only one person per organisation can attend. If you have any questions, or wish to register after the official deadline has closed, please contact the Press & PR Manager for the SME Assembly and EEPA 2016 via email@example.com.
More from my site
More from my site
Leave a reply
Comments and links posted must be appropriate for a public forum. Discussion should be respectful.