Tag ‘Antonio Fernandez Ecker’
The 2017 edition of the European Enterprise Promotion Awards (EEPA) is in full swing, and a lot of national deadlines are approaching…so get those applications in!
How have you been promoting EEPA 2017 so far?
The promotion for EEPA 2017 has been focused on providing relevant information and getting it to the right people. Part of this is including the relevant information about EEPA 2017 on the web page of the Ministry for Industry and SMEs and disseminating it via social media and email.
For our email dissemination we have directed our communications to specific entities such as:
- Members of the State Council for SMEs: an advisory board for SME affairs which is made up of representatives of the general state administration as well as representatives from the autonomous communities and local entities
- Chambers of commerce
- Business schools
- Points of care for entrepreneurs (a network of unique one stop shops which exist in Spain, for information and electronic administration services for entrepreneurs and companies)
- 2016 prize winners
What are your top 3 pieces of advice for reaching out to potential applicants?
- Motivate them to participate by showing them that they are running an initiative with good results
- Prepare a good application that reflects why the project is good
- Give them relevant information about previous editions
What are the main aspects of your EEPA 2017 campaign?
To increase the dissemination of information amongst interested actors in the SME environment, with the goal of getting them to present success stories which take place in local environments which normally would not have as much publicity. We have also been taking a direct contact approach, providing information via email or telephone, so as to resolve any doubts that projects may have before presenting themselves as candidates.
What is the most important thing you have learnt during your experience as National Coordinator?
In my brief experience as a National Coordinator, I have only been in this role from September 2016, I have learnt that knowing, sharing and disseminating examples of successful initiatives in different EU countries is very important. It allows us to learn from each other, avoid previously made mistakes and put into practice initiatives that would otherwise have been difficult to implement. Overall, I believe that EEPA is extremely useful for promoting entrepreneurship in our countries.