Veolia Germany initiated the U-START program in order to foster the cooperation with innovative startups in the fields of circular economy, climate protection and resource efficiency, and to reduce the time to enter the market with new concepts for a better world.
Veolia is dedicated to helping startups grow, and giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to engage directly in a co-innovation partnership. Depending on the individual needs and level of maturity Veolia provides different scale-up opportunities: prototyping, testing facilities for proof of concept, co-creation projects, access to distribution channels etc.
Veolia is launching its fourth U-START call on circular economy together with EIT RawMaterials . Startups can apply here  from 1 April to 31 May 2019 for the opportunity to participate in a startup acceleration programme to develop sustainable business ideas in circular economy.
For this edition, the call is focusing on sustainable ideas on the following key topics:
- Innovative recycling concepts for electronic waste (PCB, Li-ion batteries etc.)
- Alternative upcycling valorisation routes for secondary products (Recycled paper, glass fibre composites, recycled carbon fibres etc.)
- New technologies for sorting and recycling composite materials (Mixed plastic products and metal-plastic composites)
- Entrepreneurs, innovators and companies with an early stage venture that can serve as a base for a viable new business.
- Entrepreneurs should be working full-time on their venture.
Five good reasons to join the U-START program:
- Global player: Team up with the world leader in energy and resource efficiency services for municipalities & industries
- Seed funding: Benefit from up to 100 000 EUR to test your solution
- Collaboration: Develop your project in a co-creation mode with Veolia experts
- Testing: Test your solution on one of > 200 Veolia industrial sites in Germany
- Scaleup: Deploy your solution on the German market with Veolia commercial teams
- Market: Accelerate access to global market through the Veolia network
For any questions regarding this call or the U-START programme in general contact: email@example.com .