Youth of Europe, it is time to make your voice heard! If you are between the ages of 18-25 the European Commission wants to hear your ideas and thoughts on the topic of entrepreneurship, SMEs and the European entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The Youth Essay competition, organised by the European Commission Directorate General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, is launching for the fourth time and is looking for submissions that answer the following:
“Write the speech that you would give as the new Commissioner for SMEs and entrepreneurship to Europe’s entrepreneurs”
The Youth Essay Competition is a chance to share your thoughts and opinions with key policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European platform within the domains of enterprise, entrepreneurship and SMEs.
This year, the competition will be divided into two rounds:
- Round 1: This is an open call to submit your speech. This submission is due by 16 August 2019
- Round 2: You have given your inauguration speech and journalists are asking you for more details about your ideas. If you are selected for the top 10, you will receive three ‘follow up’ questions asking you to expand upon the ideas in your speech.
In order to win the prize of an all-expenses paid trip to the 2019 SME Assembly in Helsinki, submit your speech of no more than 2 500 words in English before 16 August 2019.
Don’t know what to write? Not sure where to start? Have a look at previous winning entries:
- 2016: Andri Pandoura, “What can the EU do to encourage more young people to become entrepreneurs?”
- 2017: Oksana Vedmidska, “What skills do tomorrow’s entrepreneurs need?”
- 2018: Marija Elena Borg, “What steps should entrepreneurs and government take to become more innovative?”
You can also have a look at the entries from previous finalists:
- 2016: Katie Williams, Francesco Foglia and Frici Barabas
- 2017: Pavle Kostić and Evlampia Karavangeli
- 2018: Ngaio Olsen-Stahl and Joakim Davidsson
To get started, read through the rules below, get writing and SUBMIT!
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition is open to all 18 to 25 year olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries (see the list)
- Speeches should not exceed 2 500 words in length
- All submissions must be in English
- Only one entry per applicant
- The deadline for Round 1 submissions is 16 August 2019
- The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Helsinki as part of the SME Assembly, where they will give their speeches
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote
- An all-expenses paid trip to the SME Assembly in Helsinki, Finland for the three finalists, to deliver their speeches to 500+ Assembly delegates
- Presentation training before delivering speech live on stage at the SME Assembly 2019
- Promotion of speeches across official social media channels
See Youth Essay Competition 2019 Terms and Conditions.
More from my site
More from my site
2 Responses to “SME Week Youth Essay Competition 2019 – Launch”
Leave a reply
Comments and links posted must be appropriate for a public forum. Discussion should be respectful.