Summertime should be filled with a variety of activities to enjoy the outdoors. We thought we’d share some creative ideas to jump start your motivation:
- Have a #BeActive picnic: enjoy a meal with friends and family – but be sure to bring along a Frisbee or a ball to squeeze in some active fun!
- Volunteer: whether you partake in a beach clean-up, plant trees or work in a community garden you’ll get more than just physical activity, you’ll also get karma points!
- Plant a little garden: this is a great low impact way to #BeActive, and you can get your children to help you out.
- Explore nearby woods: if you’re lucky you may stumble upon a berry patch, or interesting creatures (hopefully not the scary ones!)
- Go shell collecting: spending the summer at the sea? Take the time to walk along the beach and collect shells!
- Look to the stars: Looking for something romantic to do? Why start the night with a long walk and end it with some stargazing?
- Sack race to the finish line: set up a sack race for the kids in your neighbourhood – a great, and active way to build a stronger sense of community. Fun is guaranteed!
- Fly a kite: buy one or make your own, head to the beach and watch it glide!
- Dance like no one’s watching: it’s festival season, get out there and enjoy the music, the crowd and the outdoors!
- Build an outdoor play area: if you have a garden, consider setting a small space aside to build a sandbox, a treehouse or a garden patch for your kids to play in … let your ideas flow! It’s a great way to get you and the kids away from the screen.
Feeling inspired? Do you have any other creative ways to enjoy the outdoors? Share them with us! #BeActive